M&D Construction, established in 1983 as a purely building construction firm, has grown to include many other construction and infrastructural disciplines.
The company is committed to delivering quality workmanship through pride and teamwork, producing customer satisfaction in a safe working environment.
M&D Construction is a Level 3 Black owned B-BBEE company with CIDB ratings of 9GB PE, 9CE PE and 9ME PE.
Founded in 1983, with over 30 years of service to the construction industry, M&D Construction is a broad based construction company that offers its clients a wide range of construction services:
- General building construction
- Civil Engineering construction
- Pipe laying in the water, fuel and gas industries
- Earthworks and road construction
- Construction plant hire
M&D Construction is currently rated a Level 2, Black owned B-BBEE company:
Black share ownership is 57.5%.
Black Women ownership is 9.75%.
M&D Construction is a Value Added Supplier.
Our clients can claim 125% of their purchases for B-BBEE procurement.
Download/view our B-BBEE certificate (PDF – 465KB)
M&D Construction has CIDB ratings of 9GB PE, 9CE PE and 9ME PE.
M&D Construction is a black owned Level 3 B-BBEE accredited company.
M&D Construction is a member of the Master Builders Association North and the NHBRC.
M&D Construction is ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certified.
Murray & Dickson Construction (Pty) Ltd is the holding company of the various divisions within the Group. The following companies are wholly owned by Murray & Dickson Construction (Pty) Ltd:
- Murray & Dickson Plant (Pty) Ltd
- Murray & Dickson Mining Projects (Pty) Ltd
- DOD Contractors (Pty) Ltd
The following company is 90% owned by Murray & Dickson Construction (Pty) Ltd and 10% owned by a director, Kyle Peinke:
- Murray & Dickson Pipe (Pty) Ltd
The head office of M&D Construction is in Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa. Whilst the main focus of the Building Division has been on projects in Gauteng, the footprint of the division has now spread, with contracts in Northern Cape, Mpumalanga and North West Province in South Africa, with the Civil Engineering and Pipe Divisions operating throughout South Africa.
The company is tendering on projects in the neighbouring SADC countries and is confident that it will not be long before it secures a contract beyond the borders of South Africa.
- 1983 – M&D Construction is founded, Andrew Murray (the current chairman and 42.5% shareholder) being one of the founders.
- 2005 – Renell Samuels, the Building Contracts Director and 25% shareholder in the company, joined from Group 5. This appointment added the management expertise needed to engage in larger construction projects.
- 2006 – Rukesh Raghubir, the Chief Executive Officer and 32.5 % shareholder in the company, joined from Group 5. This appointment further added to the managerial skills within the company.
- 2008 – M&D Construction purchases the Plant and Earthmoving expertise of DOD Contractors (Pty) Ltd.
- 2008 – M&D Construction purchases the Plant and Pipe laying expertise of Kevin Peinke & Co. (Pty) Ltd. creating a new entity, Murray & Dickson Pipe (Pty) Ltd.
- 2008 – M&D Construction creates a wholly owned subsidiary, Murray & Dickson Plant (Pty) Ltd, centralising control of all Construction Plant within the Group.
- 2011 – M&D Construction creates a wholly owned subsidiary, Murray & Dickson Mining Projects (Pty) Ltd, targeting Infrastructural projects in the mining and energy sectors.
- 2014 – M&D Construction is a fully integrated building and civil engineering company, operating throughout South Africa, whilst exploring opportunities in neighbouring countries.
- 2016 – M&D Construction is ISO Certified.
Mission and Core Values
The M&D Construction group of companies is focused by its mission:
To deliver quality workmanship through pride and teamwork, producing customer satisfaction in a safe working environment
Our mission is achieved through the adherence to the company’s core values:
Management believes that to be relevant in South Africa it is important to build a company that is inclusive of all ethnic groups which, thereby benefits from the diverse contributions that are available in South Africa. Recognising that its employees are the success of the company, M&D Construction has an extensive training programme and encourages advancement within the company, exemplified in our motto:
Khula Nathi – Grow with us